Recipe of the Week:
delicious pastry filled with apples, cinnamon, sugar, and more! This Austrian Apple Strudel won’t disappoint and you’re
sure to make it time-and-time again.
3 Granny Smith Apples, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 sheet thawed puff pastry
1/4 cup milk
1. Set the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the apples, lemon juice, vanilla, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, flour, and raisins and
stir to evenly coat the apple slices.
3. Set the pastry onto the parchment-lined baking sheet, unfold (if necessary)
and use a rolling pin to roll it out slightly and make it even.
4. Spread the apple mixture evenly down the center of
the pastry, lengthwise. Fold the sides of the puff pastry up and over the apple mixture and seal the dough together by slightly
dampening the pastry and pressing dough together.
5. Mix together the egg and milk with a whisk then lightly brush the
top of the pastry with the egg wash and sprinkle with the coarse sugar.
6. Bake for 35–40 minutes or until golden
brown. Best served warm or at room temperature.