Serving Denton, NC & Surrounding Communities

Viewpoint

House Fire on Canaan Church Road caused by space heater


On February 18, 2021, the Randolph County Sheriff’s Office responded with fire agencies from Randolph and Davidson Counties and EMS to 7026 Canaan Church Rd., Denton, in reference to a residential fire.  Dispatch notified responding agencies of a possible life hazard. Responders arrived to a mobile home heavily involved with fire. 

 

During fire suppression activities, personnel located a male victim in the living room area of the home.  Once the fire was extinguished, investigators with the Randolph County Fire Marshal’s Office made entry and determined that the fire was accidental and caused by an electric space heater.  Jonathan Hogue, 29, was pronounced deceased at the scene by the Randolph County Medical Examiner. 

undefined
Project2.jpg
undefined